Impact on Society
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of manufacturing processes on society.
2. Recognize and develop a familiarity with a variety of manufacturing processes and how they are classified. Demonstrate understanding of the physical phenomena involved in how various families of manufacturing processes work.
Selection of Manufacturing Processes
3. Select appropriate manufacturing processes based on their characteristics and capabilities, for various classes of materials.
Cause and Effect Relationships
4. Identify cause and effect relationships for various manufacturing process parameters so that inferences from process data can be made to obtain desired process results.
5. Make practical design recommendations to improve the manufacturability of component parts based on manufacturing process knowledge.
Capability and Development of Processes
6. Perform various manufacturing processes with real process equipment in order to begin to develop good engineering judgment about the capability of various processes, and the development of process plans.
7. Work successfully in teams to modify the design, build, and test a practical product.
Writing & Presentation of Engineering Reports
8. Write a professional quality report (including an Executive Summary) related to manufacturing processes.